This Tour starts with private pick-up from your hotel at 10:00 a.m.
Discover the romanian capital and the biggest city in country, with a history of over 600 years of both glorious but also less happy times.
Although the communist era did not press over the city a very long time ( about 40 years), it definitely left deep marks in the history of this place and in the souls and minds of the people living here.
This trip follows the most remarkable tourist attractions and cultural heritage in the center of the city. Together we will learn about Bucharest’s communist architecture and history, about the influence communism had over us, about notorious Ceausescu and his wife and everything they have done to the city during their ruling.
Tour starts in the morning by your hotel and includes the following itinerary:
– Free Press House and Free Press Square
– Ceausescu Private Villa in Primaverii district
– Revolution Square
– The Memorial of Rebirth
– Statue of Iuliu Maniu and Cornelui Coposu
– The Former Communist Party Central Committee
– University Square, Intercontinental Hotel and National Theatre
– Dambovita River and Manuc’s Inn
– Unirii Square and Unirii Shopping Building
– Boulevard of Socialist Victory
– Unirii Fountains
– Constitution square
– Palace of Parliament
Enstrance by Parliamnet Palace and Ceausesc Private Villa are optional, but we strongly recommend you visit both since they are both symbols of the communist era in Bucharest.
The tour ends with drop-off by your hotel.
|Group Size||Price EURO|
|2 – 5 persons||65 EUR/ person|
|6 – 10 persons||55 EUR/ person|
|10 – 20 persons||40 EUR/ person|
Included in the price:
- Licensed English/German speaking guide
- Car or minivan with A.C. according to group size
- Guided tours at all sights included
Not included in the price:
- Entrance fees and Photo fees
Meeting point: pick-up from your hotel in Bucharest
Itinerary for the tour: